I borrowed the idea of reflecting on a year of Covid lockdown in the form of lists from Mary at Write Between the Lines.
Top 5 Saving Graces of 2020
- My mom. For our daily walks, incessant texting, and excellent shared cat content (she’s got 5 cats including a new Detroit feral rescue!). Also, she knows how to do EVERYTHING.
- Twitter. My connection to news, learning, people, humor, poetry, more good cat content.
- #Penpalooza. Penpals made a comeback in 2020, and letter writing became my favorite pandemic hobby.
- Learning. Especially early in the pandemic, there was so much free learning available. For a few months, I had so many webinars scheduled that I could hardly keep up with my own schedule.
- Moving. Although moving is stressful and hard, especially during a pandemic, it was an incredibly effective distraction from fear and anxiety.
Top 5 Reading Experiences
- Jane Austen in chronological order
- Poetry collections (some favorites: Counting Descent, Lucky Fish, Citizen Illegal, Don’t Call Us Dead, Bright Dead Things, If They Come For Us)
- James Baldwin for the first time
- Jason Reynolds’s Track series
- Mother-daughter book club (even though we rarely manage to finish a book!)
Top 5 Family TV/Movie Experiences
- Rewatching the Pixar movies
- The Mandolorian
- Young Sheldon
- Rewatching Merlin
- Rewatching Psych
Top 5 Recipes
- Copycat Starbucks Vanilla Bean Scones
- Perfect Pan Pizza
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Lemon-Poppyseed Pancakes
- Lentil-Potato Soup
Top 5 Stress Relievers
- Morning coffee before anyone else is awake
- Early pandemic daily live yoga classes
- Daily challenges–slicing, poetry, zines, yoga, writing
What would be on your top 5 lists?
Leave a Reply to Terje Cancel reply